Organically extrude a part of a rounded solid

Hi!!!

here I am again , hardly trying to learn this software by myself. So far I am doing ok although I often struggle with things.

I hope you could help me with this new issue. I am trying to create a small milk jigger with and extruded spout/lip from where the milk will flow. I want this to be extruded from the rounded surface,( from the middle not on the upper border)almost if it s pulled. I already have the jigger so I just want to add the sprout.
I really don t have any idea on how to do it. I have seen something similar done in rhino, so I know it s possible

I would appreciate very much if anyone could help me out with some kind of step by step instruction.

I am attaching a very quick sketch just to give you a better idea.

Also why  I am here, I would like to ask one more thing. When I import model from google sketch up the meshes are all unequal( in wireframe view). Is there any kind of option that allows me to fix it after I import the file. Something like in photoshop where you rasterize the layer when you import an image.

Thanks so much in advance for your help

sal

Views: 182

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sal- see if the attached file helps.

-Pascal

pascal@mcneel.com

Attachments:

Hi Sal - this one is V4. Sorry, I tried replying to the message you sent me, but I see I cannot do that...

-Pascal

pascal@mcneel.com

Attachments:

Thanks so much Pascal : )

I ve sent you a message, hope you got it

sal

Salvatorefabio@yahoo.com

Caro Salvatore, hai mai provato MixExperinece?

http://mixexperience.ning.com/

Tutto in italiano!

ciao

grazie : ) gli daro' un occhiata.

grazie ancora

RSS

Translate

© 2014   Created by McNeel Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service