I have tried to install Rhino V5 x64 on windows server 2008 R2 Pro and windows server 2012 Essentials and rhino doesn't works. In the task manager, rhino.exe load one CPU at 100 % and no windows or form appear on the screen.
Does someone know if Rhino 5 is compatible with windows server ? Rhino 4 works fine on both machines.
I use a rhino plugin which need to use 4 X CPU for fast calculation, that's why I must install Rhino on windows server.
Anyone can help ?
David, we just determined that Rhino 5 doesn't start on computers with 32 CPU cores. We've been experimenting with another customer using these instructions, and he is able to start when only 16 CPU cores are present:
1. From the Start button, type "msconfig" and press Enter
2. In the Boot tab of System Configuration, click Advanced options...
3. Select the Number of Processors checkbox
4. Select a smaller number (start with 31, and if that doesn't work, see if 16 works)
5. Click OK to get back to your desktop
6. Restart Windows
7. Start Rhino
I know this is a very late reply, but I hope this helps someone else in the future.