Hi group.

I am trying to use VisualARQ for a renovation project, it's my first time using it.

I have a gable roof and have used Extend to surface on the walls for those walls that should meet the roof. For internal walls I created a polysurface where the roof is and subtracted this to achieve the correct wall shape.

None of these methods seem possible for the slab. How do I trim it so that the edges follow the roof slope? (The subtract boundary function only gives me 90 degree edges).

Cheers,

Eirik

Tags: roof, slab, subtract

Views: 384

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Eirik,

The only way to achieve that is exploding the slab object, in order that it becomes a polysurface, and then trimming it following the roof slope.

In future versions we will allow doing boolean operations between VA slabs and Rhino solids. That could fix this issue without having to explode the slab, although the best option would be to be able to extend the slab to the roof or to any other surface.

Regards, 

Hi Francesc, and thank you for your quick reply to this and my other thread.

Ok, I will explode them, or rather just use the Rhino elements for slab and roof then. A good option would be to attach a solid object to slab/roof/wall and to be able to modify this object parametrically (not in the case of boolean operation where the other object is deleted).

Cheers,

Eirik

Hi Eirik,

Yes, that's the plan. This is the way it works with walls now, when you add a solid to it, or you subtract a solid from it. You can still edit the wall parametrically and the subtraction/addition is kept.

When we have this feature on the other objects, they will behave in the same way.

Cheers!

cool.

is there a way to edit/view the solid (the one used for subtraction)?

Cheers,

Eirik

Hi Eirik,

You can extract the solid used for the subtraction (or addition) with the _vaWallExtract command. Then you can modify it and  repeat the "Wall: subtract/Add Solids" command again. 

There is no way to edit the solid used for addition or subtraction without extracting it from the wall.

Cheers! 

RSS

Translate

© 2014   Created by McNeel Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service