- the latest and most powerful combination of Scan&Solve FEA tools available yet. Numerous advanced features and improvements in Scan&Solve 2013 include:
- Built-in support for SnSMesh and SnSScript
- Single SnS command to any solid geometry (polysurfaces, lightweght extrusions, meshes) within Rhino 5
- Real-time visualization of solution progress in the original SnS solver
- New alternative powerful solvers from Intel:
- DSS - a direct solver delivers speed by using more memory
- ISS - an iterative solver that may often improve performance
- Increased resolution to maximum of 500,000 elements
- Settings tab and additional controls
- Numerous performance improvements and bug fixes
This free WIP is available immediately to all licensed and evaluation users of Scan&Solve. The current version will operate until June 21, 2013.
Intersections 2013: Interoperable Workflow | Innovative PracticeMay 31, 2013
NYC College of Technology, New York, NYIntersections 2013
is a symposium with lectures and panel discussions by industry leaders, educators, and innovators on the topics of:
- TOOLS: Identifying them, teaching them, and ensuring they play well together.
- INNOVATION: Finding the conditions and opportunities for innovation in both established firms and small start-ups alike.
- MAKING IT WORK: Translating innovative technology into high-impact practice using lessons from the field.
An exhibition of student work will run concurrently with the symposium. The display will focus on new curricular initiatives within the Department of Architectural Technology and will include research and prototypes from courses on foundational digital skills, computational fabrication, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and building performance/energy modeling.