VisualARQ is an architectural software that runs as a fully integrated plug-in in Rhinoceros.
VisualARQ adds architectural features and parametric architectural objects that are suitable for both 3D modeling and 2D documentation.
Latest Activity: on Friday
Is there a way to control the precision of the area read-out for Spaces, independently of the model unit precision set in Rhino Options > Units?If I model in feet & inches with a precision of…Continue
Started by Brandon Colaprete. Last reply by Francesc Salla on Friday.
Hi there, Is there anyway or workaround if I don’t want to see the line between column and wall when are all the same material.Thank you,…Continue
Started by Someak. Last reply by Someak Jul 26.
Is there a way to parametrically create hatch patterns in elevation? For example, brick or siding patterns.Continue
Started by Brandon Colaprete. Last reply by Francesc Salla Jul 9.
Hello!First, apologies for erroneously sending this as a message to all members before... wrong button!My question: is it possible to remove additional curves/holes from slabs that have been…Continue
Started by Eugen Sares. Last reply by Eugen Sares Jun 26.
1. When creating a wall from a solid you need to create a curve that will define the wall path. The openings that you want to insert in that wall will be placed on that path. Edit the opening "Cut depth" value, in the opening properties panel, if the opening is not deep enough to cut the wall.
2. Windows in VisualARQ are always inserted vertically. I hope we can improve that in future versions and windows can be aligned on the surface of a slanted wall.
3. This will be possible in VisualARQ 2.0.
I am trying to figure out how to do two things:
1) I can't seem to add windows to walls created 'from solids'
2) I can't seem to add angled windows to walls which is easy in revit. The window cut through the walls not normal to the surface. How is this done?
3) Can I create custom styles in grasshopper with other plugins and hook them into ARQ?
Thanks I am new.
See the complete list in What's new.
Thanks to report these issues. It seems like Revit is not importing the 2D representation of the windows exported to IFC from VisualARQ, although it looks right in 3D.
Furthermore, it seems there is a problem with openings that have been inserted in walls converted from solids in VisualARQ.
We will have a look at your model and see if there is something we can do from our side to fix these issues.
In the meantime you can replace those openings in Revit by others that show the 2D representation, or edit the opening family.
Hi M. Francesc Salla,
I'm very interested by the interoperability between Rhino and Revit trough the ifc file format ! Many thanks for the work you're achieving with visualarq, but I just found some issues ...
I recently made a test about the ifc export from visualarq 1.9 (eval) to revit 2015 with a very simple apartment model, but it went wrong... In the Revit file floorplan, windows are actually not visible, and doors are not displayed right.
The VA and Revit files are attached down here ; I hope you could help me to get the ifc export to work on Revit !
I down loaded the latest version and it took care of the problem. Many thanks.
1. Try to refresh the window with the _vaUpdate command.
2. Make sure the Cut Depth parameter of that window is at least equal or higher than the wall thickness where the window is inserted. You can edit this "Cut Depth" parameter under the window properties, inside the Rhino properties panel.
I can't get placed window to trim an opening in the walls. It did before but doesn't now. What am I doing wrong this time?
You need to assign a transparent material to the glass component of the window you want to render. You can do that from the window styles dialog (run the _vaWindowStyles command to open it), and select the glass component of that window style. This tip adds more information about this topic: http://www.visualarq.com/support/tips/3998/
I'm new to VisualARQ. When I place windows in a wal, l when I render it's not an opening in the wall. It's opaque. What am I doing wrong?
Welcome toRhino Community
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
© 2015 Created by McNeel Admin.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.